Natural Hair Tutorial: Bantu Knots & Bantu Knot Out

Products used:
Procedure:
I co-washed my hair with Herbal Essences Hello Hydrations.  I let the conditioner sit in my hair for about 15 minutes then rinsed with cool water.  I wrapped my hair in a large towel while I got all my materials together.  This helped soak up some of the water from my hair.
I sectioned my hair into 6 sections–2 in the front, 2 in the middle, and 2 in the back.  I find it easier to section the back first then the front, then whatever is left makes up the middle sections.  After I create a section I hold it together using 1 butterfly clip.
After all 6 sections have been created I detangle each section.  I take out 1 butterfly clip in the back and add coconut oil to the section. I detangle using my wide toothed comb.  When I am satisfied, I twist the section and then hold it back up with the clip.  I repeat this process (oil then detangle) with the remaining sections.
When all sections have been detangled, I remove the clip from 1 section in the back and then use the rat tail comb or my fingers to make a small section.  I use my duck clip to hold down the hair not being used from that section.  I add some world of curls activator gel on the small portion and I used my rat tail comb to smooth the product onto my hair from root to tip. I then divide the section into 2 and I do a two strand twist.  I then coil the twist around itself to form the Bantu Knot.  I use a pin to secure the knot.  For longer hair pins may not be necessary.
Remove the duck clip and section off another portion of hair.  Repeat the same process. Add activator gel, comb to smooth, two strand twist, coil around, secure with pin.
When all hair has been knotted take a couple pics to see how well you’ve done!
Put on a satin scarf to lay hair down over night.
The next morning, remove your scarf, oil your fingers with coconut oil, remove pins, and unravel each bantu knot gently.
Then go back and untwist each twist gently.  Your hair will look very curly…. short… and interesting.  If your hair is long you can wear your hair down just like this, however if you have a TWA or a Small Afro like me, I would suggest styling it further.
I like to brush the front of my hair backwards, holding it down with a stretchy band and then put on a stylish headband.
Another option for ladies with TWA’s and Small Afros is to brush the back, sides, and front upward.  Then use a stretchy band to push it up into a puff.  Add a hair flower, a pin or a head band to dress it up.
Bantu knot with headband over ouchless band
Bantu knot with headband over ouchless band
Bantu knot puff–ouchless band pushed up in the back and the front, headband to accessorize,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.. We cherish it...