Prepping & Putting on a Half Wig

I/m not sure what was going on but the night before my birthday,  but I dreamt about buying a wig.  So on the morning of my birthday I jumped out of bed and
went over to the beauty supply store to get me a half wig! I tried on several and found one that I loved named LaJay, but they didn’t have her in my color so I settled on LaFrisco instead.
I’ve never been one to really wear wigs, although I have worn them, they are just not my thing.  When I was relaxed I LOVED weaves and wore them ALL the time. But now that I’m natural I find myself often wanting to try new things and step out of the norm.
Perhaps I’m tired of the same old twist out and the same old braid out and I want to try something new.

PREPPING

To prepare my hair the night before, I moisturized my hair and flat twisted the front.
The rest of my hair is in chunky two strand twists. I chose to do flat twists because they give me more of a spirally curl.
I put the twists in a  low bun and secured it with a pony tail holder.
I put a stalking wig cap on the twists and pinned it right behind my flat twists.
I gently loosened up my flat twists.

PUTTING ON HALF WIG

I gently secure the front combs in front of the wig cap.
I pull the wig over my low bun of twists and secure the combs at the nape of my neck.
I then blend my hair with the half wig by using my fingers to move my hair back over the wig and bring the wig hairs in the front to mix with my hair.
In the video below I show you how I’ve prepped my hair for putting on this half wig.

Source: kinkycurlycoilme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.. We cherish it...