Mini Box Braids for Kids

By Dominique-Alexis of Natural Hair Care Info
The last time I did a box braid hairstyle was when Bunny’s hair was almost a foot shorter, so it’s been a really long time!

Bunny saw a little girl with microbraids at the gym and she’s been wanting them for a while now!
She’s super excited about them and told me to tell you guys that there will be lots and lots of micro braid hairstyles coming soon!
I FINALLY finished!!!

FOR BRAIDING THE HAIR YOU’LL NEED:

Hair clips to section hair

PRODUCTS I USED:

Original Sprout Deep Conditioner
Darcys Botanicals Daily Leave In Conditioner
As always, I started with cleandetangledstretched hair.
So darn pruty!
The first thing I did was thoroughly wash Bunny’s hair with Original Spout Shampoo, deep conditioned (I can’t quite remember what I used :/), applied Original Sprout Leave In Conditioner and left her hair to stretch with Ghana braids.
I let her hair stretch for a couple of days before I attempted her mini braids.
I took down all of the thread, added a generous amount of Darcys Botanicals Daily Leave In Conditioner, added a little coconut oil on top of that and began the actual braiding process.
I parted on a slight angle…
..and then changed it into braids!
I parted on a slant, and then pitched/grabbed smaller sections out and braided it to the end.
Actually, I did the parting the same way that I did her mini two strand twists a couple of months ago!
However, when I got towards the front, I switched over to actual “box” parts so her braids would lay a little more naturally.
We’re really, really hoping to get at least two months out of them. I may take them down for the fourth of July so she can rock a ‘fro, but we’ll see!
More pictures!

HAVE YOU EVER DONE BOX BRAIDS OR MINI BRAIDS?

DID YOU LIKE THEM AND DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR THE REST OF THE READERS?


If You Do Kindly Send Your Tips To Flourishairdobeauty@gmail.com



Source: kinkycurlycoilme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.. We cherish it...