My Favorite Type 3 Curly Bloggers Share the Products they Use on Wash Day By Kiana Tipton

Watching YouTube curly bloggers regimens and makeup tutorials has become a bit of a pastime for me as I'm sure it has for many naturals. I
wouldn't call myself a total product junkie (I try to only buy new products when I'm almost out of another one), but I do LOVE trying out new products after I've finished one. My YouTube and new product obsession has become a sort of symbiotic relationship, with each addiction reinforcing the other, and although I may spend a bit too much time trying out and researching products my favorite bloggers love, it has made me a self-proclaimed expert on products for my hair type and texture. Here are a few of my favorite bloggers favorite hair products. Make sure to follow them on their social channels by clicking their names!

Cecilia Gorgon: 3a

Cecilia Gorgon
I initially started following Cecilia because of her incredible skin and all of the skin care tips she offers on her Instagram and YouTubechannel, but quickly became obsessed with everything she was using. Similar to her skin, Cecilia's hair always appears healthy, soft, and flawless. Honestly, show.me.one.flaw.I'll.wait.

Hair Type & Needs:

I have low porosity type 3a hair. It needs a lot of moisture though, and I like to use a combination of oils (sweet almond or argan oil throughout, and castor oil on the ends) to keep it silky and happy.

Wash Day:

On a regular wash day I wash and condition my hair with the Hairstory New Wash (a co wash that I think is probably suitable for all, or at least most, hair types). I wet my hair and then add the New Wash right when I get in the shower, and give my head a good scrub. I let the New Wash sit in my hair until right before I get out of the shower, and then I thoroughly rinse it out. I love the New Wash because it really moisturizes my hair, but also gets it feeling really clean. After I get out of the shower I wrap my hair up in a t shirt (to fight frizz), and then take it down after a few minutes and style my hair. I add argan or sweet almond oil all through my hair (but not in the roots ever or it will look greasy), and then I put castor oil on the ends to really moisturize them. Then I use the Hairstory Hair Balm. I usually divide my hair into 3 sections and add one pump per section and that's pretty much it! I always air dry.

How Often:

I wash my hair every 3-5 days depending on how my hair is looking and how lazy I am.

Holy Grail:

My Holy Grail product is definitely castor oil. It really really moisturizes and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a little extra moisture.

Makayla Taylor: 3b

Makayla Taylor
Makayla Taylor (aka MakaylaMclovin) is always serving looks, and if you've been following NaturallyCurly for a while you've probably seen her pop up in a few photo shoots. Her short curly bob is simply iconic, and totally makes me want to do a chop. Here's how she achieves her everyday look.

Hair Type & Needs:

My hair type is 3b. I used to dye, bleach and add heat to my hair ALOT, but I cut it super short to start fresh! My hair is short but very thick.

Wash Day:

I usually wash my hair 2x a week. Usually on Wednesday's I'll wash with shampoo and Sunday's I'll do a co-wash. When cowashing, all I do is apply DevaCurl One Decadence Conditioner, leave it in my hair while I shower. Then rinse, after rinsing I apply the one decadence again, this time focusing on the ends.
I love DevaCurls products because after using the No Poo my scalp feels fresh and clean even without the super soapy texture (it's consistency is similar to a conditioner consistency) and the One Decadence isn't too heavy on my curls but still keeps them fresh and moisturized. Also, if I'm not washing my hair, (second day Curls) I get a spray bottle, mix the One Decadence (2/3 pumps) with water and use this as a Curl refresher.

How Often:

I only use shampoo 1x a week. (If I will be shampooing) Before getting in the shower I mix two products. I get my hair damp and since I have a dry scalp I apply tea tree oil all over my scalp and mix it with Mixed Chicks leave in conditioner, and let it sit for about 20 minutes before getting in the shower and rinsing the mixture out. I start with the DevaCurl No Poo Shampoo and massage my scalp for throughout with it for about 2-3 minutes and then I let it sit while I go about my shower. After about 10 minutes I wash it out and apply conditioner to the ends of my hair and then wash it out. I use either a cotton t-shirt or a microfiber hair towel to towel-dry my hair, then I apply Curls Creme Brûlée Whipped Curl Cream.

Holy Grail:

Rhylie Wilson: 3c

Rhylie Wilson

Photo by: AJ Ragasa
Rhylie is my best friend, but also my hair inspo. She rotates between straight and curly styles and makes every.single. look.work. It's almost infuriating how she is able to keep her hair so healthy, soft, and cute while constantly switching up the style. Here's how she does it.

Hair Type & Needs:

I have 3c hair that needs a lot of moisture (mainly because of heat damage), and care. However, I try to avoid products that are too heavy because my hair is also very fine.

Wash Day:

My hair washing routine is simple. I rotate using OGX Argan Oil shampoo+conditionerand Morocan Oil's Curl Cleansing shampoo +conditioner, and my routine is the same regardless of which products I'm using. I wet my hair as soon and I get into the shower and begin working my shampoo through my hair, focusing mostly on my scalp. Then I move to conditioner, and I use A LOT of it. I let the conditioner sit while I'm doing everything else (shave, exfoliate, wash my face, etc). Rinsing out the conditioner is the last step in my shower routine and my hair always feels super clean and soft when I'm done! Once out of the shower I dry my hair with a t-shirt to avoid frizz and then immediately apply my curl cream. Sometimes I apply Olaplex if my hair is really thirsty.
I always apply leave-in conditioner while my hair is still wet, right now I'm loving Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning cream and Argan oil as a cocktail. CREAM BEFORE OIL FOR THE MOST PERFECT COIL. Sometimes I leave it down to air dry and sometimes I pull it back into a low bun. Either way, my edges NEED to be laid. For my edges I use Creme of Nature with Argan Oil, "Perfect Edges." That product changed everything for me, my edges are always shiny and moisturized-never crusty.

How Often:

I wash my hair every 3-5 days depending on how my hair is looking and whether or not I have straightened it. The important thing is just to pay attention to how it feels. Regardless, most days I add a little bit of conditioner.

Holy Grail:

My holy grail is my edge cream for sure. I can do without product throughout my entire head if need be but my edges have got to be laid. Gotta be.

I love how different everyone's regimens are from each other, and from my own. This year I have learned so much about my hair and have saved SO MUCH money from listening to the recommendations of fellow curly friends, youtubers, bloggers, and reading articles on NaturallyCurly rather than just blindly hoping a product in cute packaging will work. Who are some of your favorite curly bloggers and holy grail products? Share with me below!

Source: naturally curly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.. We cherish it...