LOC Method or LCO Method?

The LOC Method vs LCO Method
Hi Browines!
I was on the new twitter app Periscope a few days ago and I heard NaturaliciousScope about using the LCO Method instead of the LOC Method. 

There has been a lot of buzz in the natural hair world about using the LOC Method to retain moisture. The LOC Method is when you use a Liquid (Water), Oil, and then Conditioner in that order. It is said that using products in that order helps to lock in moisture.
This is why your hair may still be dry after using the LOC method:
It is a fact that water and oil do not mix. If you are putting the oil on top of water (LOC) you are not locking in the moisture because oil and water don’t mix. Oil is used to seal in the moisture. So if oil and water don’t mix and the water is going to dry, what are you sealing?
In Naturalicious scope, she was explaining why she uses the LCO Method and the science behind it.  It made so much more sense to me. The LCO Method is when you use Liquid (water), Conditioner, then Oil. Water is the first layer of moisture, then add the conditioner which is the second layer of moisture, then add the oil to lock the moisture in. You can read her article,here.
I’ve tried this method several times and I have seen a difference in the moisture level of my hair. I also tried it on my daughter’s hair when I washed it Sunday.
I’m not saying that one way is better than the other. If the LOC Method is working for you, by all means, keep doing what works. But if you find that it’s not working for you or have already discovered that it doesn’t work for you, try the LCO Method.
Let your hair be the judge of which method it likes best! As I always say, Do what works for you and your little ones hair!
Which Method do you prefer?
Be sure to follow us on Periscope so that you don’t miss out on interacting with us live! We have 2 accounts on Twitter, Periscope, and Instagram @BrownGirlsHair and @BrownGirlsStyle follow both. @BrownGirlsStyle is our personal handle.
We look forward to chatting with you soon!

Source: Browngirlsstyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.. We cherish it...