An Exclusive Interview With Ezebunwa Juliet, A fast rising model in Nigeria And Africa

An exclusive interview with one of the fast rising models in Nigeria and Africa Today.An interview based on her modeling career and her View On Hairstyles And Natural Hair


"Miss Ezebunwa Juliet" has model for some brands amongst many, she is 5'2ft tall, a Nigerian by nationality, born and raised in Abia State Nigeria, Love dancing, reading, watching Movies and of course taking pictures. She believes that through her modeling career she can influence her society positively. She is a lady of styles and have high taste for fashion. She is about being featured in one of the top Magazines in Nigeria.. She is that model you have been longing to work with.


Here is What She Has To Say About Modeling And Hairstyles


Flourishairdoblog: What inspired you into modeling and how long have you had this in mind?

Ezebunwa Juliet: First of all, modeling is a profession where your worth is tied up with your looks
Modelling to me isn't about being beautiful, but to create something interesting for people to look at and think about.
Modelling is a world I feel most welcome in you know, I'm kinda blessed with the looks so that alone pushed me and I decided to give it a try.
Had it in mind when I was still very little..
I see beautiful ladies on magazines and I get really happy and hope people get to see me on magazines too and calendars too.
Flourishairdoblog: What is the extent of your vision as a Model?

Ezebunwa Juliet: Well, talking about my extent of vision in this modelling career, I think I'd go on with it as long I'm happy, although it's a bit demanding mixing it up with medical school. I still wouldn't leave it because it feels as though I just found myself.
 I've learn't to love myself, to like myself and to feel comfortable.
I have always found photography magical and became more taken with it whilst modelling. So I actually thing I'd take this part of my life as far as I can.


Flourishairdoblog: What are you expectations as a fast rising model?


Ezebunwa Juliet: One thing I realised in this part of my life is that spotlight changes everything.
I really hope to make it big while I'm still here.
I look forward to people seeing the talent in me, seeing the bigger model in me and search for me to work with them
I really look forward to working with other modelling industry professional. As well, I hope to get endorsement deals from different brands. I just want to make it big..I expect so because I believe I have everything it takes.
Flourishairdoblog: What is your taste like when it comes to fashion?

Ezebunwa Juliet: Well, I can't point at a particular thing.
But anything to show my curves is a long yes. Alongside a little bit of sassiness and attitude puts everything to place.
Looks and pose makes up everything.

Flourishairdoblog: Have you ever model for any brand before?

Ezebunwa Juliet: Yes, I have

Flourishairdoblog: I see you have a lovely and befitting hairstyle here....
What inspires your hairstyles?
Ezebunwa Juliet: Wow, great one
I do not joke with my natural hair and my hairstyles at all.
I always want the killer hair styles.
I actually believe that if your hair looks great and you wear killer shoes you can rule the world!!.
About my hair, I inspire Myself. I look in the mirror, I see a cute face and I know that anything should look good on me. And just then, I decide to try out new things.
And trust me anything I try out turns out perfect.
Where I see hairstyles?
Of course that's why we have internet. Lots of bigger celebrities and different type of hair styles out there on the net.
I just pick out something I know would blend properly with my photo concepts.


Flourishairdoblog: Do you have a personal hairstylist?

Ezebunwa Juliet: Yes, I do have a personal hair stylist 


Flourishairdoblog: What is your view about natural hair?

Ezsbunwa Juliet: You see, our natural hair is a free gift. And as such, should be pampered and well treated.
I'm not saying we shouldn't braid or fix different types of weavons. But you know, once in a while, flaunt your natural hair. You can only flaunt it when u take Care of it properly. Those who don't take good care of their natural hair wouldn't have the courage to flaunt it.
So I think we ladies should always try to keep our natural hair blooming. As much time as we spend shopping for clothes, shoes and jewelries, we could also make out little time for out hair. You know what I mean. Like treat scalps, Dandruffs, use good shampoos, conditioners and hair moisturizers 
People who wear their natural hair texture are in agreement that if their hair is neat and not distracting, it should not be a problem, and that choosing to wear natural hair does not affect their work skills or ethic.


Flourishairdoblog: Do you give the daily required attention to your natural hair?


Ezebunwa Juliet: I won't say daily per say.
I try as much as I can to treat my hair.
The least twice in 8 or 9 days.
When I mean treating, I don't only mean when I'm carrying my natural hair. I also treat my hair even while on braids or weavon of any kind..
I always go back to the salon and  my hair stylist uses a methylated spirit and cotton wool to clean my hair.
She scatters my braids and make sure she goes through, in between weaving lines, she runs cotton wool down to my skull..
The cleaning is just a way to avoid itching. She cleans the dirt. This is good for both your hair and whichever kind of hair you're carrying too.


Flourishairdoblog: How healthy do you think your natural hair is?


Ezebunwa Juliet: Well well well, I wouldn't give it a 100% though but at least I can boast of the least 76% if not more. Because I really don't joke with my natural hair.


Flourishairdoblog: Does your natural hair add to your self esteem?


Ezebunwa Juliet: Yes, my natural hair adds to my self esteem.
It makes me Juliet you know. Lol
Because with my natural hair, I mean I can actually walk pass you with my natural hair and you'd stop me to know the kind of hair cream I use prolly because of the scent, or maybe how shiny it is.
One of these would surely make you stop me to ask me

Flourishairdoblog: Do you think your natural hair has a vital part in your modeling career?


Ezebunwa Juliet: Well, umm. My answer is yes.
When I decided to wear my hair natural, at first my agency was totally against it. They told me that just-rolled-out-of-bed look isn’t going to work. And it wasn’t just-rolled-out-of-bed. It takes a lot of work.
They told me I was going to lose the clients that I had and new clients wouldn’t want to work with me. But the crazy thing is that less than a month after the decision to wear my hair natural, I booked the biggest campaign of my life
So most times it's about our agency's
If they don't like you on your natural hair. If they don't want you taking shots with your natural hair. Then I think its your work to give then reasons why natural hair's are cute and mind blowing in pictures 
You should give then reasons why they should accept you and your natural hair.


Flourishairdoblog: What advice would you give to the viewers on flourishairdo blog on their modeling career and natural hair?

Ezebunwa Juliet: To viewers on Flourish hairdo blog, I have few lines for you.
If you are determined to pursue a professional modeling career, and you feel that you have what it takes, there are a few key things to keep in mind when you decide to take that crucial step onto the catwalk.

1. Time
2. Dedication
3. Professional attitude

If you want a successful modeling career, being professional is one of the most important things when working on a photo shoot. However, a fashion shoot consists more than just of a series of poses. You have to be prepared to withstand long hours with fashion designers or in a photo studio, while keeping a positive and helpful attitude. Nobody wants to work with a model who makes the job more difficult with negativity or ego.

And about your natural hair, there is no right or wrong way to go natural; the important thing is that you are going natural.
As time goes on, you’ll learn that your hair will tell you what it needs and it’s critical that you pay attention to what it is telling you. Selecting your initial set of natural hair products is important and many naturals spend quite a bit of time trying new products in an attempt to find the perfect products (i.e., holy grail products) for their hair. You must get to know your hair to understand which products will work best for you.


My advice to you: Start a natural hair journal and begin documenting everything that you do to your hair. This will help you understand over a period of time what works and what doesn’t work for your hair. The key is to focus on what works for your hair and start to eliminate the things that don’t work. This process will help you select the right hair products and finalize your natural hair regimen. Several women have seen great success by openly documenting their natural hair journey.
Thank you!



Thank you so much for your time and for your maximum attention dedicated for this interview. We love you and we looking forward to see you soar on eagles wings. Have a successful modeling career Miss Juliet Ezebunwa.



Source: Flourishairdo Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.. We cherish it...