New Summer Wet and Go Regimen For Fine Hair

By Antoinette of Around the Way Curls
Alright now, so yall should know that we hosted the Curls Unleashed booth at the International Hair and Beauty Show this past weekend and as a result, I got
turned out. That Curls Unleashed Leave-in Conditioner and Mousse is no joke. I tried both products out and immedeatly fell in love with the light weight mousse but I needed to fiddle with the leave-in to make it work. The mousse adds with definition and shine without creating and greasy weighed down look and was created specifically for fine hair. The leave-in is great for all hair types but it does contain a bit of shea butter so the first time I used it I liked how quenched and happy my curls looked, but my roots fell flat and looked a bit oily. (Shanti liked it but I was like , “Naw, son”.) So determined to make it work, I tried a different regimen and I am happy to report that my curls were/are pop lockin and droppin it on um. Fine hair curlies, you’ll want to listen closely.
1. Tame the Beast
Detangle. Detangle. Detangle
2. Apply Products!
All products used.
curls unleaded, around the way curls, natural hair, leave in conditioner
I apply the leave in conditioner to the ENDS of my hair and do my best to avoid my roots. This adds a lot of definition to my curls (at the end of the hair strand) and makes them really pop.
I then apply a very small amount of conditioning primer, focusing mostly on my roots and hair line . This product is very thick (but not greasy) so you do not need a lot of it. Despite it’s thickness it does not weigh the hair down. Read our whipped curls reviewhere.
curls unleashed, mousse, natural hair, curly hair, around the way curls
The mousse is the lightest weight sealant I’ve come across. I have used it on dry hair and the results have been just as good. It’s great for everyday weather and when you want to achieve bouncy (defined frizz) hair but I would opt for adding aloe vera juice/gel to the mix on very humid days or switch all together and use Goddess Curls Gel by Curls as a sealant.
3. Comb/Brush Hair Back
This helps mix and distribute the product. It also helps those who are in the ‘in-between’ hair length phase and suffer from her in their face all damn day. I’m trying to figure out whether I want to continue to grow my hair out or get a new and improved cut. The verdict is out but these sheep dog bangs are in the way.
4. Loosen & Scrunch Hair
I then combed through my hair with my finger, including my roots and helped my curls form by scrunching my hair in an upward motion.
5. Pin the Front
around the way curls, natural hair, curly hair, antoinette
I then take my the front of my hair and pin it up using bobby pins. This helps keep my hair out of my face and helps create body. I do not remove the pins until my hair is completely dry.
6. Diffuse or Air Dry Hair
diffuser, natural hair, fine hair, curly hair, around the way curls, antoinette
I’m going to do an updated video on how I diffuse now. So, check back it’s coming soon. The most important thing is that I don’t fluff or pick out my hair until it is completely dry. Anything else besides that just creates frizz.
7. Air Dry Results
Antoinette, around the way curls, fine hair, curly hair, natural hair
These are the results before my pick go to it.
8. Fluff and Pick for Body/Results
antoinette natural hair, around the way curls, curly hair, 3abc hair, wash and go
antoinette, around the way curls, natural hair, curly hair, fine hair, 3abc hair, wash and go
antoinette, around the way curls, natural hair, curly hair, fine hair, 3abc hair, wash and go
Try it out. Let me know how it goes ladies. Holla

Source: kinkycurlycoilme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.. We cherish it...